We have some exciting news. We have added a new member to the Ciqual family of clients: Ciqual MySIM.
MySIM is the perfect complement to our existing clients for Android, iOS and PC/Mac: a SIM-based applet, independent from the device, that takes advantage of the SIM Toolkit to measure Voice, SMS, Device and Connectivity performance as experienced by the user.
With Ciqual, you can now measure QoE on 100% of your device-pool, on the SIM, the device, or both.
When to use Ciqual MySIM?
- You want to track your customers’ QoE but you don’t have an adequate app to host Ciqual’s SDK – for instance with Corporate Customers.
- Your user base contains a high share of iOS or feature phone users
- You operate or use an M2M/IoT network and need to assess connectivity at all times.
Imagine that you are a car manufacturer and you want to connect your in-car telematics with your central support system. You equip all your cars with a Global SIM, but there is no one service provider that will provide you with connectivity metrics across all the international networks. MySIM allows you to determine if connectivity problems relate to failure in telematics, on the modem module or on the network.
What are the advantages of MySIM? To name a few:
- It is compatible with all devices: feature phones, iOS or M2M/IoT things. Being resident in the SIM card, the device is just not a factor, so we can measure Voice Performance and Connectivity for your iPhones, feature phones and IoT devices as well.
- When it comes to Voice Performance, it collects all Release Reasons as specified by 3GPP 24.008. So, we can now detect and report failed and dropped calls with a much higher accuracy and detail.
- It can be distributed OTA, or preinstalled in new SIM cards.
- It uses the same backend as MyConnection, so (unless you want to) you don’t need a large hardware deployment.
What does it look like?
Like MyConnection, Ciqual MySIM uses QlikSense for reporting, the fantastic BI platform that we recently adopted and allows for quick filtering and aggregating. Here you are a few snapshots
Call Performance Overview shows the Voice Performance for a particular ‘Fleet’. A Fleet is a group of users: your VIPs, a corporate customer, a segment, etc…
Voice Call Performance per Manufacturer is an obvious use case. Now we can accurately benchmark Androids vs iOS vs feature phones.
Subscriber Analysis allows you to troubleshoot individual customers. If your corporate customer’s CEO threatens you with switching service provider because of dropped calls in his summer cottage, here you can find the reasons for those dropped calls: network, device, B-party, etc…
Conversely, it also helps you filter by a Release Cause and see the list of users that have been affected.
Would you like to know more, see a demo or try it yourself? Just drop us a line.
Keep watching this space for more news about the Ciqual MyConnection family.